What is Agrimech Africa?
Selection and Sales; Dairy and Apiary; Crop production, aggregation, value-addition
Equipment Production and Training; Agronomic and Livestock Input Safety,
Tractor Powered Mechanization Services for Conservation Farming; Artisanry,
Entrepreneur Farmer Empowerment and Extension Services; Manual, Animal and
various value-chain service-specializations including Agribusiness Training and
Full Range Mechanization Services
(Plant, Spray, Harvest, Add value, 1st & Last mile Transport)
Soilcare and Input Supplies
Training & Youth Small-Mech Scheme
Why is your investment safe with Agrimech?
- We have had 25 years of LEARNING HOW the Genious and Risk-Averse smallholder farmers
(Business persons) ADOPT and EXTENT of adoption of technologies.
- We now know adoption of technology for them is not a YES or NO Outcome
– IT IS A PROCESS!
- SH Farmers LEARN about a technology, ASSESS it and EXPERIEMENT with it,
then ACT on their assessment, to ADOPT, DISADOPT or USE in a small area!
- This Process takes time: The Hub IN CLOSE-PROXIMITY and presented with a
SERVICE-PROVISION approach, , FAST-TRACKS everything.
- Hub PRESENCE allows for adoption to be TRIED, TESTED & ADOPTED. The market-link
builds a PERFECT STORM in the Progress of the ADOPTION PROCESS.
- Recruited and stabilized 400+ farmer clientele in One Season.
- 50,000+ farmers are potential clientele already involved in other ways, with AAL companies.
- Raised USD 12,948 Gross and achieved a 48% Profit Margin.
- We have 2 no. 4WT, 4 no. 2WT, no-till planters, air-seeder for fine seed, sprayers, hay,
potato and transport equipment.
- Partnered with Farm Mechanization and Conservation Agriculture for Sustainable
Intensification (FACASI) Project
Intensification (FACASI) Project
- SNV and Potato Seed company partnership to build on Winner: Kenya Innovation Engine
-Feed the Future (USAID)
- Expand the existing hub by introducing more equipment and offering services to
several market-linked value chains including sorghum and French beans etc
- Expansion into more hubs and create hot-spots around the country. The first one
being in Tharaka Nithi for Sorghum value chain.
- Expansion of service offering to include crop and livestock produce aggregation,
storage and value-addition centers for specific market-linked value-chains
- Absorb the Competition through UBER and Agribusiness Excellence Hubs where
we have gained the Trust and we have The Experience
- Projection of a gross income of KES 14.4 mn in 2018 and 26.35mn in 2019, in farm
machinery services alone.
Value Chains & Clientele Reached
-Maize & Beans (Food),
- Wheat & Sorghum (Aggregators, Drought Mitigating),
- Potato (SNV, Market), Livestock Feed (Rescue Channel)
- 441 Farmers served in 2 no. Different ½ seasons, 1 with only 3 pieces of Equipment
- We raised Ksh 1,294,825 (US$ 12,948) with start-up expenses amounting to Ksh 670,490
a 48% Profit Margin.
- Sorghum Aggregator has 17000 farmers, all beating the ripe sorghum heads with a stick
(Can make 6k per hour per 12 hour day per thresher for 3 weeks)
- Potato is grown in the entire North and East of Mt Kenya. Agrimech has Dutch Seed company
partnership and some 441 farmers in Organized Farmer Clusters. . Bayer has contracted 2000
farmers and has market. SNV has some 500 active farmers and a colleague is building
a processing factory in Nanyuki.
- BIDCO wants all the Soya and Sunflower Agrimech can supply. SoyAfric is a competing buyer.
- Meru Greens has a French Bean factory at EPZ and farm in Naivasha needing mechanization
(Min 16 tonnes per week).
- India Market is in pursuit of all Quality Pulses our farmers can grow.
- Kilimo Hifadhi SACCO & Mt Kenya Buuri Multi-purpose Co-Op Society has an
exporter seeking Snow, Garden and other Peas. Their 53 cu m borehole needs
to be converted to Solar, to make business sense. Renewable Energy is an Agrimech
We are running out of Food
In the next 10-15 years, Kenya will need 70% more food. At the moment In the next 10-15 years, Kenya will need 70% more food. At the moment, 80% of our food production comes from small scale …